Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rough Week

I feel like I've been put through a meat grinder. What a mix of activities we've gone through this week. Heather left today - for her new "home." Bellingham. Up near Canada. Getting her ready wasn't hard. She took care of most of the details. We put an album together for her. All the unique and frequently visited spots in our community. The Moore Mansion. The goat that eats trash at Columbia Park. The windmills. Our neighborhood. I was up until 3:24 am finishing it. But, that was my choice.

Other things this week weren't anything I'd choose of my own free will. At my work at the high school, our classroom accidentally set off the fire alarm and the school had to be evacuated. That was Monday. The rest of the week was a bit crazed as one aide was gone for training and others were out ill. Friday, my student had a grand mal seizure. It hasn't happened before at school. But I've learned not to go ballistic over things like this from seeing other students in the classroom. Stay calm. I was. But I couldn't watch. I hugged the other aide instead. When it lasted over two minutes and then he couldn't breathe, we had to call the paramedics. He finally recovered and had to go home.

Each day this past week I also had several meetings and activities. My fingers ache. I was so READY for this three-day weekend. If it wasn't a three day break, I know I would have had to take some time off. I just can't seem to juggle everything lately. I wonder how God does it - manages several things at once. Or does He manipulate time and actually only does one thing at a time? I wonder!

(And I promise that I WILL NOT say, "Things can't get worse than this." Because they would! Just like that month 20 years ago. After Stephen's adoption paperwork fell through the cracks, I moaned that "Things can't get any worse." They did. For all of December, we were in the doctor's office for something new and bizarre 3-4 times per week. Then I got Type I diabetes. And I was put in as the Primary President of our newly organized ward. And Max was laid off from his job - 3 times that year. Live and learn. I'm laying low and thanking my lucky stars for the blessings I have!)

No comments: