Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Travelling on 4th

The TriCity Herald just e-mailed me to let me know my note about 4th Avenue has been selected as Editorial of the Week. It will be in Sunday's Opinion Page. Imagine that! They want a photo of me. I had to decide which I would include - a bald photo (current) or one with "hair" (pre-June 2008.) I called Mom Rickords and asked her opinion. She and I chose the latter. Playing it safe. Heather thinks I should have sent them a bald one:

It's been noted by a few of you in letters to the editor that Kennewick's Fourth Avenue is pretty lumpy. What many fail to realize, however, is that it's SUPPOSED to be that way! Don't you realize that we pay good tax dollars to maintain those speed bumps/dips disguised as pot holes and road patch? It keeps traffic to a minimum, eliminating the need for expensive stop lights. It slows down traffic which keeps the neighborhood children and pets safer. So please stop whining - travel Tenth Avenue or Clearwater if you need to cross town. Leave Fourth Avenue to bicyclists wanting a true off-road experience. Or to those pregnant women wishing to induce labor. And to me so that I can cross town without stopping at dozens of red lights!

No comments: